Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Brownies 1.1

So, Im at it again. My body was screeeaming for some brownie
action and I just had to make HALF a batch a couple of days
ago. My hubby is doing p90x so he was a debbie downer
and wouldn't have any, so I ended up eating 2 pieces
and ditched the rest in the trash (I HAD TO!! Or else I would
have ended up eating the whole darn thing!!).



This time I tried a recipe I found online. The recipe calls for
1 stick of butter and the frosting another 3tsp so I ended up
skipping the frosting.. I didnt want to cheat on my crappy diet
too much (can't wait for these darn weddings to be over so I
can get off my no-carbs-diet grrr).

Makes 16 servings

0.5 cups butter (1 stick/113gram)
1 cup (2.3dl) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/3 cups (1dl) cocoa powder (I used Trader Joes, my new fav!)
0.5 cups (1.2dl) flour
0.25 tsp salt
0.25 tsp baking powder
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
  2. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat in cocoa, cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook!

No comments:

Post a Comment