Saturday, March 5, 2011

Yeehaw!!


For dinner tonight I made Cowboysoup. I would probably
describe it more as a stew than a soup, but I guess you could
put more water in it to make it more soupy..

So lets giddy up and get us some cowboy grub.

COWBOY SOUP

500 g / 1lb groundbeef/or turkey
1 yellow onion
1-2 carrots
1-3 st pieces of garlic (I used about 1 tbs of grated garlic)
Beef bullion
6 potatoes
1 red pepper
1 can (28oz) crushed tomatoes
2-3 dl (1 cup) shredded cabbage
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black pepper
2 tsp Cayenne pepper
2 cups of water

1.) Dice carrots and potatoes. Shred cabbage (I used a bag of coleslaw
veggies, so no shredding for me) and red pepper. Cut onion into small
pieces.

2.) Brown the meat w/ the onion and garlic

3.) Put remaining ingredients and the meat mixture in a big pot.
Let simmer for aprox 20-25mins (until potatoes are done) Taste and adjust the
spices after your liking (the recipe I followed didn't have any specific measurements
for the spices but this is how much I used).

No comments:

Post a Comment