Friday, March 4, 2011

Apple of my Eye


Meet Mackenzie, or Kennis as I call her. Abigail, my soon 3yr
old little princess, had a really hard time saying Mackenzie or Kenzie when
she was born, so Kenzie became Kennis. Kennis will be 8 months
next week and Abbie now knows how to say Kenzie,
but I still call her Kennis.. Im the only one that still does.
People might think it sounds funny, but I can just blame it on my
Swedish background. I can pretty much get away with anything over
here.. people just smile and say 'oh, she's Swedish'.

Mr.Viking's (who really isn't a Viking at all, he's from the midwest..
as far away from a viking as you can get) bff is getting married
in London in May and my baby brother (not technically a baby..
but you know) will marry the love of his life in Sweden in June.
I had a baby 8months ago and I need to get my butt in shape
(evening gown shape), so the recipe I'm about to post is nothing
I will make at the moment. But I wish I was, because these
muffins and to D I E for. Or atleast break-your-diet-worthy.
I made them after I had Kennis and my extended family came
over to see her. I made them for Thanksgiving and for Christmas.
I made them for my birthday and I will make them for Abbies
birthday. I am obsessed with these darn muffins. I can't have any
at the moment, but YOU can. So go make them.. NOW!!

Cinnamon Apple crumble muffins

You will need:

Muffins

100 g butter
2 organic eggs
1.5 dl (0.6 cups) granulated sugar
1 tsp vanillasugar (or vanilla extract)
2 dl (0.85 cups) organic milk
4 dl (1.7 cups) all purpose flour
2 tsp bakingpowder
1 pinch of salt

Filling
:
2 large apples

1 tbs butter for pan
2 tbs sugar
2 tsb cinnamon

Crumble topper:
75 g cold butter
2 dl (0.85 cups) oats
1 dl (0.6cups) flour
1 dl (0.6 cups) sugar

1. Turn your oven to 350F (175C).Whisk eggs, sugar and vanillasugar (or vanilla extract)
until fluffy. Mix in melted butter and milk.

2. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Fold your flour mix in
the batter. Make sure not to mix to long. Use a spatula, NOT an electic mixer.
Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan.

3.Peel and slice the apples. Put sugar, cinnamon and butter in a hot pan.
Sear the apples until brown and soft.

4.Mix the apples with your cake batter. Save some apples for topping.
Poor the cake batter in the cupcake liners.

5. Cut the butter into small pieces and pinch it together with the oats,
flour and sugar in a bowl.

6.Top your muffins with the crumble mixture and 1-2 pieces of apple.

7. Bake for aprox 20mins.


No comments:

Post a Comment