Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Roasted marshmallow cupcake

I have sooo many great recipes to share with you guys. I finally got over my sinus infection and feel like cooking (and eating) again. Woopdido! This past week I made some great dishes and of course I'm going to post all the recipes here.

Lets start with these Roasted Marshallow cupcakes that I'm making for my daughters birthday party on Saturday. I'd never made them before and wanted to try them out before serving them at the party. My husband (aka the marshmallow hater) did not like them and even told me he wouldn't even bring them to work cause 'people might think its weird to have a marshmallow
on a cupcake'. My daughter however loved them and even told me while I was editing the pictures in Photoshop that she wanted to eat them. So sweet :)



  • For the Cupcakes

    • 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1 1/2 cups sugar
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
    • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
    • 3/4 cup warm water
    • 1/2 cup whole milk
    • 1/4 cup sour cream
    • 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
    • 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    • 18 cupcake liners
  • For the Topping

    • 1 bag of jumbo marshmallows

    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
    2. Whisk cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in eggs, warm water, milk, sour cream, butter, and vanilla, mixing until smooth.

    3. Fill each muffin cup half way (about 2 ounces each). Bake until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes.

    4. Let cake cool slightly and change the oven to broil.

    5. Make the topping: Place one marshmallow vertically in the center of each cupcake. Put the cupcakes back into the oven (careful not to knock any marshmallows off) and watch them closely, as the marshmallows will roast in a matter of seconds.

    6. When the marshmallows appear golden brown on top and puffed slightly, take the cupcakes out of the oven and carefully press the marshmallows down, using your hand or a spoon, to cover the whole top of the cupcake.

1 comment:

  1. Ser ju super mumsigt ut!! Madde, jag vill ha mer av denna blogg!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete