Monday, March 7, 2011

Payback time..

Its payback time.. eee.. I mean, time to return a favor. My birthday
was a couple of weeks ago. One of my friends was super sweet and
baked me a oooey goooey swedish(!) sticky cake (kladdkaka.. kaka
means cake in swedish, no joke). I will make it for you guys some day.
Ok back to my birthday.. she brought over a whole freaking kladdkaka,
even though she knows Im on a diet. Of course I had to break my diet
to eat the deliciousness that is a kladdkaka and I felt bad about it for
daaays (ok, for like 2 seconds.. then the chocolate hit my mouth).
So, today it was my sweet friends birthday and of course I had to
bake her something to return the favor (aka. payback.. she's been
doing a sugar detox, sorry girl, no sugardetox for you today!)
and I made her some fudgy chocolate brownies. Yum in my tum!

You will need.

350 g soft butter
6 dl (2.5 cups) sugar
3 dl (1.25 cups) good quality coco powder
1 dl (0.4cups) molasses or swedish light syrup (its NOT pancake syrup, you can buy it at IKEA's foodmarket)
0.5 tsp salt
6 eggs
3 dl (1.25 cups) flour.

Beat butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Mix in coco powder, salt and syrup/molasses. Mix in the eggs, one at a time. Fold the flour into the batter. Poor batter in buttered pan and bake at 350F (175C) for 30mins. Cake should be sticky in the middle.



ps I only made half a batch, thats why Im using a smaller pan

No comments:

Post a Comment