I love Brownies. Thats like my one and only food obsession. I've
been one of those ppl that don't mind baking it from a box, cause they
always turn out great! But now I put my foot down and decided Im
gonna find the perfect brownie recipe. Last week I made a batch
following a recipe from Leila Lindholms A piece of Cake. They turned
out ok, but not great. So I actually ended up making a second
batch, following the same recipe but took them out of the oven 5mins
sooner than the recipe tells you. They were still just so-so. Which surprised
me, cause all other things I've made from this book has turned
out amazing.. So, Im still on the quest for the perfect brownie and
yesterday I tried a recipe I found online. I doubled the cocoa powder
and they turned out pretty darn good.. but still not perfection. Ill try
southern livings recipe next week.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used 2/3 cup dark organic cocoa powder)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook