Monday, July 18, 2011

My new favorite dessert.

So, mr.Viking is c r a z y about banana-pudding so when
he asked me to make some dessert to take along to
a pool party last night my choice was easy. Something
bananaish. I've been wanting to make a trifle for a while now,
so.. there we had it. Banana trifle. And O M G it was aaaamazing.
I think I gained like 10lbs last night from eating all that darn
banana-goodiness. But oh was it worth it. I didnt even have
time to take picture and the hubbster ate the letfovers
today. I think this might be my new favorite dessert
and Im drooling just thinking about it :)

You will need:

1 loaf of pound cake (I used 1 box of yellow cakemix)
2 packages of instant banana cream pudding
4 cups of milk
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
Vanilla extract after taste
0.5 cups confectioners sugar
2 bananas
0.5 cup crushed vanilla wafer cookies

Mix pudding with milk and put in fridge for a couple of minutes
(until it sets).

Whip cream until peaks begins to form. Poor in vanilla
and sugar. Blend.

Slice bananas.

Cut cake in cubes. Line trifle bowl or other glass bowl with the cake.

Spread half of banana pudding mix on top of cake. Spread half
of sliced bananas on the pudding. Top with half the whipped cream
and crushed cookies. Repeat all the layers. Chill until ready to
eat. Yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment